Convicted to Give More of Yourself
Today has been erratic, my heart was not at ease, and my behaviors and thoughts with each interaction have not been grace and mercy, but rather frustration and contempt.
That all changed when I saw a post in a Christian group in Yammer. It was nothing grandiose, just asking to consider donating to a young woman’s fight to go back to school in the fall. I see many requests like this all the time. There is always some cause, the pursuit of something greater, or even just a random kind act popping up on your radar frequently. But today I was convicted to help and here is why:
- The cups of coffee I have in the morning can pay for my donation.
- This group of 50+ individuals can probably all afford a small donation, why not start the ball rolling.
- I needed to change my mental state for the day.
- 5 minutes is all it took to invest in a future
Is there someone you don’t even know you can invest in. It doesn’t have to be money, it can be:
- Time. Find a way to give a person more time, they will be blessed by that in the end.
- Knowledge. Be a mentor. Share your experiences
- Attitude. This can go a long ways to giving hope, charity, and grace to others.