A Proper Response
Having the right response to others makes collaboration much easier.
- Is it constructive or destructive?
- Is it positive or negative?
- Is it selfish or selfless?
- Is it based upon principle and values over compromise for short term gain?
Each interaction has the ability to be a one of a kind unique and edifying experience. Where there is thoughtfulness before the response, the outcome is usually one where both parties gain and not lose. A quick checklist to run down in your mind before answer could be:
- Am I responding according to principles and values?
- Am I adding to the conversation or other person?
- Is my focus on my fellow collaborator(s) instead of self-ego?
- What are the right words for me to use to deliver positivity?